Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Phone hacking on the increase in Ireland
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 at 06:57 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Figures from the Commission for Communications Regulation showed there have been 21 cases of phone hacking since the beginning of 2011, which equates to the total amount for all of last year.
In many of the cases, it is understood the phone hackers illegally accessed a person’s phone network in order to make their own phone calls.
News of the World hacking scandal whistle-blower found dead
Irish congressman forces FBI to go after Rupert Murdoch over 9/11 phone hacking
Rupert Murdoch's men hacked into Gerry Adams' phone too
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...
- Donegal priest bans gaudy headstones and...
- Irish American professor claims humans are...
- Irish give more than anyone else in Europe...