Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
New Irish app allows you to buy your friend back in Ireland a pint - “Text me a drink”
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 07:51 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Text me a drink!!!...ah go on.|
“Text me a drink” is designed “especially for Irish people living abroad!” who want to make their mark in Ireland at all those special occasions and nights out they might be missing.
Creator Colm Cleary told IrishCentral “In these recessionary times we have seen lots of Irish people having to leave Ireland and they are missing all sort of special occasions of close friends.
“So we created Text me a Drink a Facebook app where people all over the world can buy drinks.”
So on that special night when it’s your best friend’s birthday and everyone’s out celebrating in your favorite pub you can send your mate a pint of Guinness.
It’s not quite the same as being there but it’s the thought that counts right!
Here’s their website – www.text-me-a-drink.com.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...