Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
New Irish app allows you to buy your friend back in Ireland a pint - “Text me a drink”
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 07:51 AM
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
- Galway teacher thrilled to receive thank you letter from President Obama for sketch drawing
|Text me a drink!!!...ah go on.|
“Text me a drink” is designed “especially for Irish people living abroad!” who want to make their mark in Ireland at all those special occasions and nights out they might be missing.
Creator Colm Cleary told IrishCentral “In these recessionary times we have seen lots of Irish people having to leave Ireland and they are missing all sort of special occasions of close friends.
“So we created Text me a Drink a Facebook app where people all over the world can buy drinks.”
So on that special night when it’s your best friend’s birthday and everyone’s out celebrating in your favorite pub you can send your mate a pint of Guinness.
It’s not quite the same as being there but it’s the thought that counts right!
Here’s their website – www.text-me-a-drink.com.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan