Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
New Irish app allows you to buy your friend back in Ireland a pint - “Text me a drink”
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 07:51 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Text me a drink!!!...ah go on.|
“Text me a drink” is designed “especially for Irish people living abroad!” who want to make their mark in Ireland at all those special occasions and nights out they might be missing.
Creator Colm Cleary told IrishCentral “In these recessionary times we have seen lots of Irish people having to leave Ireland and they are missing all sort of special occasions of close friends.
“So we created Text me a Drink a Facebook app where people all over the world can buy drinks.”
So on that special night when it’s your best friend’s birthday and everyone’s out celebrating in your favorite pub you can send your mate a pint of Guinness.
It’s not quite the same as being there but it’s the thought that counts right!
Here’s their website – www.text-me-a-drink.com.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Irish university suspends Legion of Mary...
- 4,000 Irish social welfare letters encourage...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Nelson Mandela showed us all what could be...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...