Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
New Irish app allows you to buy your friend back in Ireland a pint - “Text me a drink”
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 07:51 AM
- Surfing descendents of the King of the Blasket Islands to unite in new documentary - VIDEO
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
|Text me a drink!!!...ah go on.|
“Text me a drink” is designed “especially for Irish people living abroad!” who want to make their mark in Ireland at all those special occasions and nights out they might be missing.
Creator Colm Cleary told IrishCentral “In these recessionary times we have seen lots of Irish people having to leave Ireland and they are missing all sort of special occasions of close friends.
“So we created Text me a Drink a Facebook app where people all over the world can buy drinks.”
So on that special night when it’s your best friend’s birthday and everyone’s out celebrating in your favorite pub you can send your mate a pint of Guinness.
It’s not quite the same as being there but it’s the thought that counts right!
Here’s their website – www.text-me-a-drink.com.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Michael Flatley, star of Lord of the Dance...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Do the Irish speak a foreign language?
- 'I expect terror attacks during G8 summit'...
- U2’s Bono spills on American politicians...