Miracle kitten survived five-day journey trapped in a dumpster
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
A two-week-old kitten survived a five-day, 166-mile trip from Ireland to northern England trapped in a dumpster full of cardboard.
The tiny tabby tomcat was found among 200 tons of old cardboard at a recycling firm in Reddish, near Manchester, after being buried in a 40-foot sealed container that was shipped across the Irish Sea from Dublin.
Recycling worker John Creek, who found the animal, christened it Finley because of its Irish connections.
Irish drinkers stunned as bull barges through pub
Get your Halloween Princess Beatrice hat here - straight from Kate and William's wedding
In modern Ireland people still enjoy a good old fashioned duck race – VIDEO
He told the Manchester Evening News, "I was using a forklift when I saw something moving. When I looked inside, there were two kittens -- one was dead, but the other one was this ball of ginger fur. It was barely alive."
He added, "It's absolutely amazing it survived the journey from Dublin to Stockport."
Finley is now being nursed back to health by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Dubliner found guilty of vicious Temple Bar...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Are the Celts one of the ten lost tribes...