Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Las Vegas top destination for Irish visitors to the U.S.
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 at 02:06 AM
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
In a survey among users of Irish travel website GoHop.ie Las Vegas has been voted the money-no-object place Irish people would love to visit in the United States.
No destinations in Europe made it into GoHop.ie's top ten. Australia came in second place followed by South Africa, Orlando and San Francisco. A cruise was the seventh most popular holiday idea. Other destinations that made the top ten included Sri Lanka, India, Mauritius and Dubai.
The website's founder, Stephen McKenna said the results showed "strong desire for far flung, romantic and exotic holiday destinations for the Irish holidaymaker. I do think there is a desire in Ireland for holiday destinations that offer complete escapism and unique, life-changing experiences."
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Sex addiction on the rise says Dublin Clinic...