Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Jim Carrey’s “Funny or Die” skit mocks gun rights advocates, like Charlton Heston - VIDEO
Posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 07:11 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Jim Carrey in his "Funny or Die" skit|
Carrey starred in the video as the former National Rifle Association president and actor Charlton Heston who was famously quoted saying, "I'll give you my gun when you pry or take it from my cold, dead hands."
The song also included lines like, "You're a big big man with a little bitty gland, so you need something bigger with a hairpin trigger," while Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi, and John Lennon played and sang along.
The video was in response to, and will likely spark more, Twitter debates with 2nd amendment advocates.
Here’s the video:
Irish Entertainment Video , Irish American , Irish Entertainment Blog
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra