Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Is the Irish accent too much to handle? BBC video goes viral - VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 05:47 AM
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
|Ye what? Is the Irish accent hard to fathom?|
As a segment on the show, Norton has audience members sit in a red chair and tell some sort of an amusing anecdote. Should the anecdote not be humorous or entertaining to Norton and his audience, Norton pulls a lever which flips the chair over.
Well, Faller and her thick Derry accent - which had the likes of Kenneth Branagh, American actor Zach Braff and English popstar Taio Cruz both confused and laughing - kept the audience well entertained and saved her from a flip.
More offbeat stories from IrishCentral
The worst Irish accents in Hollywood movies
Irish accent ranked as the sixth sexiest in the world – POLL
The video of Faller telling her story is now on YouTube and has racked up in excess of an impressive 35,000 views. Whether or not all those viewers can understand her thick Northern accent is another matter.
While Faller couldn’t see Graham and his guests while she was telling her story, she could hear the reaction from the audience.
“It was like Ireland had won the World Cup,” she said of hearing the fits of laughter. “The place was just going mad.”
“I’m just really, really pleased that people enjoyed it,” said Faller in the wake of her newly found online fame.
Below, catch Faller’s appearance on the Graham Norton show. Can you understand what she’s saying?:
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- The top 100 Irish last names explained
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.
- Irish people in UK 'less likely to identify...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...