Irishman built home from €1.4 billion of decommissioned banknotes - VIDEO
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Check Artist in his money house (Reuters)|
Irish artist Frank Buckley has garnered a massive amount of attention in Ireland this week, having built an entire house from €1.4 billion ($1.8bn) worth of decommissioned bank notes.
Everything including clocks, paintings, and the bricks of the house has been created from shredded banknotes.
This piece of art is part of a series called “Expressions of Recession”.
The Irish Times reports that his €1.4 billion house is worth slightly more than the amount unsecured bondholders in the former Anglo Irish Bank will receive this week.
More Irish arts news from IrishCentral
Hollywood star Liam Neeson says he may convert to Islam
White House meets Irish lobby to discuss new visa bill for Ireland
Buckley said “I’m sitting in my studio with my feet up on a box of €4 million of shredded notes and I thought, ‘God, this is just paper'…I just felt there needs to be a debate on this. Kids in school need to come down and see and get talking about it. What does currency mean?”
His project is housed inside the “Glass House” in Smithfield, Dublin City. Buckley began this project on 1st December 2011 and plans to complete the project in seven weeks.
Check out a Photo Gallery of the Billion Euro Home here!
Here’s the Irish Times video on his project:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...
- Irish American professor claims humans are...
- Irish give more than anyone else in Europe...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...