Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish Times cartoon sums up Brian Cowen's position in Irish Government
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 07:32 AM
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
Today's carton in the Irish Times, by the ever witty and brilliant Martyn Turner, sums up Prime Minister Brian Cowen's position in parliament.
On Tuesday night Brian Cowen was victorious in a vote of confidence taken in the Fianna Fail party meeting. Currently the parties popularity lies at 14 percent while Cowen's is at a record low of eight percent.
A general election will likely take place in March.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- The top 100 Irish last names explained
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.
- Enda Kenny visits Boston marathon bombing...