Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish teen becomes YouTube music sensation - SEE VIDEO
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 03:05 PM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Mark Boylan (13) from County Offaly wrote “The Festival” as a tribute to one of the world’s biggest race weeks.
After the video was posted on YouTube two weeks ago it quickly spread through the racing community. Racing legend Tony McCoy even tweeted about it saying: “I ain’t no Simon Cowell, but how good is 13 year old Mark Boylan’s song about the Cheltenham Festival?”
Boylan was flown to London by the Racing Post to record the song recently which is set to be released through the papers website as a charity single to help injured jockeys.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas