Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish spoof mocks Facebook’s earnest first-ever advertising campaign about chairs – VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 06:04 AM
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
|Facebook ad gets punked Irish-style!|
Facebook launched the advertising campaign to celebrate reaching one billion users, but it seems obvious to us that the Wieden + Kennedy created “Chairs are like Facebook” is pretty easy to mock.
Do you see?... You share chairs, well really big chairs.
You can see why Irish funny folks Dónal Mulligan, Cian Markey, and Richie Nolan felt they needed to put together this spoof.
In their blurb they simply state, “We saw Facebook's ad, celebrating a billion users, and felt it was missing something.
“You're welcome, Mark Zuckerberg!”
For full effect it’s best to look at Facebook’s own advert before checking out the very effective spoof. Here are both:
Here’s Facebook’s real advisement:
Here’s Irish spoof uploaded by Dónal Mulligan:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Did Pope Francis perform an exorcism at the...
- 87-year-old sues Donald Trump over condo...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Immigration reform bill passes a huge hurdle...
- Violent attacks on gays in New York up 70...
- Irish leader delivers powerful commencement...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Computer giant Apple avoiding $25 billion...
- Sordid tale of Jimmy Savile to become a musical
- 'I expect terror attacks during G8 summit'...