Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish spoof mocks Facebook’s earnest first-ever advertising campaign about chairs – VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 06:04 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Facebook ad gets punked Irish-style!|
Facebook launched the advertising campaign to celebrate reaching one billion users, but it seems obvious to us that the Wieden + Kennedy created “Chairs are like Facebook” is pretty easy to mock.
Do you see?... You share chairs, well really big chairs.
You can see why Irish funny folks Dónal Mulligan, Cian Markey, and Richie Nolan felt they needed to put together this spoof.
In their blurb they simply state, “We saw Facebook's ad, celebrating a billion users, and felt it was missing something.
“You're welcome, Mark Zuckerberg!”
For full effect it’s best to look at Facebook’s own advert before checking out the very effective spoof. Here are both:
Here’s Facebook’s real advisement:
Here’s Irish spoof uploaded by Dónal Mulligan:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish university suspends Legion of Mary...
- 4,000 Irish social welfare letters encourage...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Nelson Mandela showed us all what could be...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Top ten worst ever Irish Christmas gifts,...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Address by Nelson Mandela to Joint Houses...