Irish musician asks government to “Tell me that I'm wanted” (VIDEO)
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Irish musician Billy Treacy|
, Irish Music
An Irish musician, and father-of-three, has released a new single, “Woe!”, about the reality of living through Ireland’s recession.
After the crash Billy Treacy (42) witnessed employment dry up as bills continued to arrive at the door. He said he could feel his self-esteem slip away every day. The “white van man” was overcome with emotion and channelled his angst into his new single “Woe!”
Speaking to the Irish Mirror, Treacy, a well known musician in Temple Bar as front man for the Ha’Penny Heads. Treacy, who grew up above a pub in Dublin City Center learned about music listening to the musicians in his family’s bar.
He told the Mirror “I feel so strongly about the message in Woe!. I begged and borrowed to get the song recorded and released.
"I wrote it in a couple of hours one day this summer as a way of venting my anger, frustration and helplessness at all that is happening in Ireland at the moment.
"I know that there are thousands of proud people out there who feel the same way and I hope they will identify with my song.”
Check out his new video of “Woe!” here:
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...