Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish music video reaches out to Irish immigrants the “Teaspora” around the globe
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2012 at 10:53 PM
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
|A still from Roisin O's video for "The Tea Song"|
With now 70,000 Irish emigrating every year Roisin O’s video-makers decided to use this vast resource to a great affect. They reached out the #Teaspora, the tea drinking Irish immigrants around the globe, to contribute to their video for Roisin O’s “Tea Song”.
The footage gives a poignant snap shot of young Irish immigrants around the globe from New Zealand, Hong Kong, Australia, London, Italy, a family in Denmark, and more the video shows the tea drinking Irish shattered around the globe. The video also lists the number of days these immigrants have been away from home.
The constant in all of these clips is a cuppa cha. What’s better and more comforting when you’re away from home, as long as it’s Barry’s or Lyon’s of course.
For more information visit Roisin O’s website here.
Here’s the video:
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- The top 100 Irish last names explained
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Irish people in UK 'less likely to identify...