Irish designer Orla Kiely launches tech cases for Target
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Hugely successful Irish designer Orla Kiely|
Irish News Blog
, Irish Business
Dublin-born Irish designer Orla Kiely is working with retailer Target to release trendy new cases for your Apple products. Aiming for being both stylish and affordable, the designer is set to release cases for the iPhone 4 and 5, a wallet for the iPhone 5, and cases for both the iPad and iPad mini.
Kiely is known best for her bold print styles and bright, garish colors, which feature in the inspiration for these new accessories.
Kiely has been working with Target since 2009, when she launched a home decor line. In a brief Q&A with Elle, Kiely describes her work with Target.
"I've worked with Target before and they were a pleasure, very professional and respectful of our brand," says Kiely. "For this project we collaborated with Belkin, who have developed beautiful products that I am absolutely thrilled with."
When asked how she chose the prints for the cases, Kiely says, "I always consider the product and how the print is used." This time around, the designer "chose four classic prints from our archive, all doing a different job through color and design, but absolutely recognizable as Orla Kiely."
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Cork mother grieves for husband, son and...