Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish designer gives helping hand to government - 'Keep Going, Sure It's Grand'
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 04:10 AM
- Australian court hears supermarket's 'freshly made bread' imported from Ireland
- Kickstarter project launched for Irish dance video game featuring Fusion Fighters - VIDEO
- Dubliners jump off restaurant rooftop into the River Liffey - VIDEO
- Stamps celebrating 50th anniversary of John F Kennedy's visit to Ireland revealed - PHOTOS
- 3 kittens, 3 ducklings and a mother cat called Della - more video of the adorable animals from Offaly
An Irish graphic designer has vowed to help tackle the countries financial woes with his new design.
Fergus O'Neill, has designed a new national slogan after he was inspired by the British wartime edict to 'Keep Calm and Carry On'. Adding an Irish twist he has now started selling posters bearing the words 'Keep Going, Sure It's Grand'.
He is also selling postcards and Totebags with the same slogan and has vowed to donate a contribution of each sale towards Ireland's financial deficit.
“If we sell 42 billion I am going to give a euro from each sale to the state”, he told the Tom Dunne Newstalk radio show.
The Irishman has already passed on several checks to the Irish Department of Finance and last week received a receipt for his contribution thus far.
You can stock up on your 'Keep Going, Sure It's Grand' posters on Fergus' website http://grandgrand.bigcartel.com/
|Receipt from Ireland's Department of Finance for Fergus' contribution|
Most Popular Blog Posts
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- The Irish are known for being friendly to...