Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish designer gives helping hand to government - 'Keep Going, Sure It's Grand'
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 04:10 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
An Irish graphic designer has vowed to help tackle the countries financial woes with his new design.
Fergus O'Neill, has designed a new national slogan after he was inspired by the British wartime edict to 'Keep Calm and Carry On'. Adding an Irish twist he has now started selling posters bearing the words 'Keep Going, Sure It's Grand'.
He is also selling postcards and Totebags with the same slogan and has vowed to donate a contribution of each sale towards Ireland's financial deficit.
“If we sell 42 billion I am going to give a euro from each sale to the state”, he told the Tom Dunne Newstalk radio show.
The Irishman has already passed on several checks to the Irish Department of Finance and last week received a receipt for his contribution thus far.
You can stock up on your 'Keep Going, Sure It's Grand' posters on Fergus' website http://grandgrand.bigcartel.com/
|Receipt from Ireland's Department of Finance for Fergus' contribution|
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...