Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish dance troupe Prodijig win Sky’s “Got to Dance” – VIDEO
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 at 05:23 AM
- Irish Eurovision star Ryan Dolan’s song enters charts in 17 countries, including Australia - VIDEO
- Surfing descendents of the King of the Blasket Islands to unite in new documentary - VIDEO
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
Front man Alan Kenefick and his six colleagues won the grand prize of $396,000 (£250,000) after they received a standing ovation from all three judges on the show.
Their style of dance has clearly been influenced by “Riverdance” and according to Journal.ie, Kenefick’s first dancing memory is of trying to learn the dance moves while watching the Irish dance phenomenon on the TV. All seven members of the group were lucky enough to gain experience with Riverdance over the years, and they have clearly used what they learned there to create their own signature moves.
Here’s their finale performance:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...