Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish dance troupe Prodijig win Sky’s “Got to Dance” – VIDEO
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 at 05:23 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Front man Alan Kenefick and his six colleagues won the grand prize of $396,000 (£250,000) after they received a standing ovation from all three judges on the show.
Their style of dance has clearly been influenced by “Riverdance” and according to Journal.ie, Kenefick’s first dancing memory is of trying to learn the dance moves while watching the Irish dance phenomenon on the TV. All seven members of the group were lucky enough to gain experience with Riverdance over the years, and they have clearly used what they learned there to create their own signature moves.
Here’s their finale performance:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...