Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish artist Kevin Sharkey portrays Sir Elton John breastfeeding
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 at 07:02 AM
- Spectacular video gives a flying visit over beautiful Ireland
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
Kevin Sharkey, originally from Donegal says he as inspired by Sir Elton and his civil partner David Zachary having baby Zachary; “It’s set off a new era of gay men having kids. What Elton and David are doing is very admirable.”
“I must admit I did have a little laugh to myself while I was doing it but I know Elton has got a good sense of humor,” he told the Daily Mail.
The Irish artist said he portrayed Sir Elton feeding the baby because he “is definitely the mum in the relationship, where David is more like the strict masculine school teacher.”
The photo is on sale at a Dublin art gallery for $19,500 and already has two prospective buyers.
Prior to this Sharkey painted the pope conducting a gay marriage after the Catholic leader criticized homosexuality.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Teenager collapses and dies on Dublin street...
- Megyn Kelly and Bill O’Reilly’s white Christmas
- Claims that Irish lobby is racist to seek...
- Vice President Biden's Christmas party imparts.
- Passage of comprehensive immigration bill...
- The magic of the tombs at Newgrange on the...
- Dublin man jailed for six years for vicious...
- American gay magazine names Pope Francis...
- New questions raised about case against Irish...
- Author Peter Quinn mixes history with mystery...