Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish artist Kevin Sharkey portrays Sir Elton John breastfeeding
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 at 07:02 AM
- Irish Eurovision star Ryan Dolan’s song enters charts in 17 countries, including Australia - VIDEO
- Surfing descendents of the King of the Blasket Islands to unite in new documentary - VIDEO
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
Kevin Sharkey, originally from Donegal says he as inspired by Sir Elton and his civil partner David Zachary having baby Zachary; “It’s set off a new era of gay men having kids. What Elton and David are doing is very admirable.”
“I must admit I did have a little laugh to myself while I was doing it but I know Elton has got a good sense of humor,” he told the Daily Mail.
The Irish artist said he portrayed Sir Elton feeding the baby because he “is definitely the mum in the relationship, where David is more like the strict masculine school teacher.”
The photo is on sale at a Dublin art gallery for $19,500 and already has two prospective buyers.
Prior to this Sharkey painted the pope conducting a gay marriage after the Catholic leader criticized homosexuality.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Boston immigration center apologizes to young...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Justice Minister hangs on as Shattergate...
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Sleazy secrets and the American Dream of...
- ‘Quiet Man’ star Maureen O’Hara says John...