Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Ireland’s youngest businessman aged 14 and 10- SEE VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 07:00 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Ronan (14) and Conor (10), McGarvey are from West Donegal and spend their evenings and working in their parent's converted garden shed where they turn wood including bog oak, ash, yew, elm and beech into pens that they sell all over the world.
Their interest started when the brothers attended a trade-fair while on holidays and a talented wood-turner sparked their interest in the craft.
Possible Ireland’s youngest entrepreneurs, the brothers have sold over 600 pens since they started their business venture. Each pen can take up to an hour to make.
Last summer they earned enough revenue from the sale of their pens to allow them to upgrade their equipment. Since then their woodturning business has gone from strength to strength.
Check out their online store here http://www.donegalpens.com/
Watch this RTE Nationwide news report from last year.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Website attracts 80,000 Irish people ready...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...