Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Ireland’s first dog surfing championships to take place in Clare - VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 12:18 PM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Next month Lahinch, County Clare, a major Irish surf resort, will welcome Ireland’s first national dog surfing championships.
A popular sport among dog owners in the United State dog surfing has arrived in Ireland. Raquel Noboa, organizer of the event, told the Evening Herald dog, Bruce, loves the sport.
Perez Hilton showcases Dublin Rose of Tralee’s dance talent - VIDEO
Amazing footage of a dog playing with a dolphin off the coast of Ireland – VIDEO
Damian McGinty wins the Glee Project - Shock as he thought he'd lost, only to be told he'd won - VIDEOS
She said "My dog surfs -- he's learning a bit at the moment but he's a bit of a giraffe. His legs go everywhere...It's good for sporty dogs -- it gets them off the couch -- and it's good for people too.
The day is free, but there will be voluntary donations to raise funds for the Guide Dogs for the Blind.”
The event will take place on September 18. For more information visit www.pypetreview.com.
And in case you don’t believe us here a clip of the sport in action:
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...