Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Ireland’s Arctic cold snap enters record books
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2010 at 01:54 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
At Casement Aerodome, at Baldonnel temperature hit -9C (15.8F). This is the coldest air temperature since records began in 1964. Ground temperature at the airbase, in County Dublin, dropped as low as -13.7C (7.34F).
At Dublin Airport the lowest recorded temperature for the month was 6C (21.2F) on Sunday.
Across the county it was sunnier. At Belmullet, County Mayo they recorded their sunniest November in the last 50 years.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...