Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Ireland soccer legend Paul McGrath launches his music career - VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2011 at 02:18 PM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
World Cup Italia 1990 football hero Paul McGrath is launching his first solo album.
The retired Manchester United and Aston Villa defender is widely regarded as one of the best footballers to have come out of Ireland. McGrath has recently battled the demons of alcholism and says that he's really enjoying his sobriety.
Irish sports hero fears for his life as drinking takes over
Irish soccer legend Paul McGrath slams Stephen Ireland's attitude
The album will include covers of Elvis Costello's 'Good Year For The Roses', Christy Moore's 'The Contender' and the title track 'Handle with Care' by the Travelling Wilburys.
A percentage of the proceeds will go to the Acquired Brain Injury Foundation and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Ireland. His debut album will be released on September 23.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...