Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Ireland officially on four days Easter holidays but how many will go to Church - VIDEO
Posted on Friday, April 06, 2012 at 10:39 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
pics on SodaheadIreland is officially on a four days weekend for Easter including Holy Thursday, Good Friday and the Easter long weekend but how many Irish will actually be going to Church.
Although information on from the Census released this year shows that 86 percent of the Irish people consider themselves Catholic a vox pop taken last year by RealCatholicTV.com showed that only 1 out of the 24 people said the attend mass regularly.
RealCatholicTV say "The decline of the Church is perhaps felt nowhere more acutely than in Ireland. Once a model of holiness and apostolic zeal, its downfall is a serious wakeup call for The Church in America and other countries."
Here's the footage take outside Trinity College on College Green in Dublin:
Most Popular Blog Posts
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...