Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Ireland breaks records - 800,000 homes powered by wind
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 09:51 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
He said As I was leaving Ireland yesterday, we reached a new record in electricity coming from our wind…Wind energy output was 1,250 MW, powering over 800,000 homes.”
“In just over three years, we have doubled the amount of renewable energy in Ireland, while at the same time reducing electricity prices. We have insulated over 110,000 homes and will soon be launching a plan to reach one million Irish homes over the next decade.”
He continued “For Ireland, our fuel mix will be combination of wind, gas and interconnection in the medium term. Gas is our saline drip as we move towards 100pc renewables.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...