Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Ireland breaks records - 800,000 homes powered by wind
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 09:51 AM
- Irish Eurovision star Ryan Dolan’s song enters charts in 17 countries, including Australia - VIDEO
- Surfing descendents of the King of the Blasket Islands to unite in new documentary - VIDEO
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
He said As I was leaving Ireland yesterday, we reached a new record in electricity coming from our wind…Wind energy output was 1,250 MW, powering over 800,000 homes.”
“In just over three years, we have doubled the amount of renewable energy in Ireland, while at the same time reducing electricity prices. We have insulated over 110,000 homes and will soon be launching a plan to reach one million Irish homes over the next decade.”
He continued “For Ireland, our fuel mix will be combination of wind, gas and interconnection in the medium term. Gas is our saline drip as we move towards 100pc renewables.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...
- Irish anti-austerity protesters chain themselve