Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Increasing numbers of Irish women cross the border to give birth
Posted on Tuesday, January 04, 2011 at 02:02 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Between January and December 23 of last year, 193 babies were born at Daisy Hill Hospital to mothers who resided in the Republic according to a spokesman.
There are already 61 women from the Republic booked for 2011 deliveries at the same private hospital.
In the first quarter of 2010 alone, there were 64 infants born to mothers from the republic of Ireland
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Engaged couple fired by Catholic school for...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...