If you thought some Irish names are bad check out the names banned in New Zealand
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|A word map of the silly names in New Zealand people tried to call their children.|
Irish people living abroad after have a terrible time when people go about pronouncing their names. For example names like Aoife, get pronounced A-O-FEE or Siobhan turns into SIGH-O-BAN. There are even cases where Maireads are simple renamed Mermaid but at least you've not been called Messiah, Fear, or MC on your birth-cert.
Baby naming in New Zealand just got so silly that the country’s births, deaths and marriages department, part of the Department of Internal Affairs, had to extended its list of unusual names that parents were not allowed to Christen their child with
For your enjoyment here's our top ten worst names that have been banned in New Zealand:
III (The Third)
. (full stop)
Mafia No Fear
So remember, the next time you get annoyed over a vowel laden Irish name think to yourself well at least I'm not called 89.
Source: Irish Times
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...