Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Hard working Irish do not use all their holiday days
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 12:46 AM
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
- Galway teacher thrilled to receive thank you letter from President Obama for sketch drawing
The new survey from Hotels.com has revealed that 49 percent of Irish employees have between two and three days of holiday time left over at the end of the year, while almost 17 percent have more than a week remaining.
Being too busy at work was the main reason cited for not using up all of the allocated holiday time, while others said they worried about taking time off because of work related pressures.
Over 50 percent of those surveyed said they prefer to take a week off at a time, while only 14 percent said they take two-week holidays stints.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan