Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Hard working Irish do not use all their holiday days
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 12:46 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
The new survey from Hotels.com has revealed that 49 percent of Irish employees have between two and three days of holiday time left over at the end of the year, while almost 17 percent have more than a week remaining.
Being too busy at work was the main reason cited for not using up all of the allocated holiday time, while others said they worried about taking time off because of work related pressures.
Over 50 percent of those surveyed said they prefer to take a week off at a time, while only 14 percent said they take two-week holidays stints.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm