Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Galway rated as the best town in the worst country
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2010 at 12:47 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Galway has been voted as the best town in Ireland by voters in the website likeplace.ie.
With an average rating of 4/5 Galway was rated as the best town in Ireland with one participant describing it as: “lively, diverse and welcoming, with a host of entertainment & cultural events, and many opportunities to get involved in local groups”.
However the rest of County Galway fared badly in the poll with an on average rating of 3.5/5.
Talking about the town of Tuam in Galway, one voter said “The streets are filthy, rubbish bins are often overflowing. I have seen quite squalid conditions in my time but Tuam is an utter disgrace."
Donegal came out on top as the best county to live in where as Bray in Co. Wicklow was voted as the worst town to live in.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...