Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Galway rated as the best town in the worst country
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2010 at 12:47 AM
- Australian court hears supermarket's 'freshly made bread' imported from Ireland
- Kickstarter project launched for Irish dance video game featuring Fusion Fighters - VIDEO
- Dubliners jump off restaurant rooftop into the River Liffey - VIDEO
- Stamps celebrating 50th anniversary of John F Kennedy's visit to Ireland revealed - PHOTOS
- 3 kittens, 3 ducklings and a mother cat called Della - more video of the adorable animals from Offaly
Galway has been voted as the best town in Ireland by voters in the website likeplace.ie.
With an average rating of 4/5 Galway was rated as the best town in Ireland with one participant describing it as: “lively, diverse and welcoming, with a host of entertainment & cultural events, and many opportunities to get involved in local groups”.
However the rest of County Galway fared badly in the poll with an on average rating of 3.5/5.
Talking about the town of Tuam in Galway, one voter said “The streets are filthy, rubbish bins are often overflowing. I have seen quite squalid conditions in my time but Tuam is an utter disgrace."
Donegal came out on top as the best county to live in where as Bray in Co. Wicklow was voted as the worst town to live in.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- President Obama urges all of Northern Ireland...