Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Galway rated as the best town in the worst country
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2010 at 12:47 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Galway has been voted as the best town in Ireland by voters in the website likeplace.ie.
With an average rating of 4/5 Galway was rated as the best town in Ireland with one participant describing it as: “lively, diverse and welcoming, with a host of entertainment & cultural events, and many opportunities to get involved in local groups”.
However the rest of County Galway fared badly in the poll with an on average rating of 3.5/5.
Talking about the town of Tuam in Galway, one voter said “The streets are filthy, rubbish bins are often overflowing. I have seen quite squalid conditions in my time but Tuam is an utter disgrace."
Donegal came out on top as the best county to live in where as Bray in Co. Wicklow was voted as the worst town to live in.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- 'Danny Boy' turns 100 and the experts explain...
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...