Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Dublin US Embassy workers mock citizen who lost passport after big cocktail order
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 06:02 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|US Embassy workers show their sense of humor|
United States Embassy passport office workers proved they had a sense of humor this week when they teased a US national who lost their passport in Ireland, shortly after making a rather large cocktail order at Bruxelles bar in Dublin’s city center.
Although the embassy had to cancel the passport and return it to the state department the workers sent the passport owner a note along with their receipt for five Long Island iced teas from the Dublin boozer. Dublin rock radio station Phantom 105.2 tweeted the photo.
Sure isn’t that exactly what you want? To lose your passport on a night out during your holidays and then have your country’s embassy staff mock you for it!
We commiserate US traveler.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...