Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Dublin US Embassy workers mock citizen who lost passport after big cocktail order
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 06:02 AM
- Irish Eurovision star Ryan Dolan’s song enters charts in 17 countries, including Australia - VIDEO
- Surfing descendents of the King of the Blasket Islands to unite in new documentary - VIDEO
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
|US Embassy workers show their sense of humor|
United States Embassy passport office workers proved they had a sense of humor this week when they teased a US national who lost their passport in Ireland, shortly after making a rather large cocktail order at Bruxelles bar in Dublin’s city center.
Although the embassy had to cancel the passport and return it to the state department the workers sent the passport owner a note along with their receipt for five Long Island iced teas from the Dublin boozer. Dublin rock radio station Phantom 105.2 tweeted the photo.
Sure isn’t that exactly what you want? To lose your passport on a night out during your holidays and then have your country’s embassy staff mock you for it!
We commiserate US traveler.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Boston immigration center apologizes to young...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Justice Minister hangs on as Shattergate...
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Sleazy secrets and the American Dream of...
- ‘Quiet Man’ star Maureen O’Hara says John...