Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
'Driving in Dublin in 1974' YouTube video goes viral
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 08:59 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Driving down Dame Street|
He describes the video as "My dad and his friend filmed themselves driving around Dublin city centre in 1974. They drove down Grafton Street and up by Dame Street by the central bank (still being built) then down past Trinity College and up to the top of O'Connell street. Check out the flares and 1970s cars."
Whether his father had the foresight to add the soundtrack or the addition of "Canned Heat's "On the Road Again" or it was willmcq's doing the music fits in perfectly with this incredible footage.
Here's the video:
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...