Colum McCann talks 'Fifty Shades of Grey' and James Joyce with Stephen Colbert (VIDEO)
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Colum McCann on "The Colbert Report"|
Shortlisted for the Man Booker prize this year for his novel “Transatlantic”, Colum McCann made an appearance on Stephen Colbert’s “The Colbert Report” earlier this week.
Of course what do top Irish literary figures and an Irish American comedian talk about when they get together.... “Fifty Shades of Grey” and James Joyce. Not the most likely combination but nonetheless. Colbert admitted that he has James Joyce's "Ulysses" but not E.L. James "Fifty Shades of Grey".
McCann, now a true New Yorker, won the National Book Award for his novel “Let the Great World Spin” also managed to squeeze in some discussion of his new novel “Transatlantic”, a multi-generational story of people crossing between two countries.
Here’s the clip:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...