Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Christy Moore live at the Galway Arts Festival - VIDEO
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 11:01 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
An acclaimed Irish folk singer, songwriter and guitarist. Moore was one of the founding members of the Irish traditional group Planxty.
Galway Arts Festival is Ireland's largest international arts festival. Founded in 1978 it has grown into an event with a significant reputation where, in 2011, there were 162,000 attendances at 176 performances, talks and exhibitions in 27 venues over 14 days. The Festival showcases a wide variety of international artists alongside the best of Irish talent and includes music (popular, contemporary, jazz, world, classical and traditional), theatre (indoor and outdoor), visual arts, dance, talks, discussions, family events and comedy in its programme. The festival is currently running from July 16 to 29.
Watch more videos from the GAF here.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- How Christmas was in my father’s time