Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Christy Moore live at the Galway Arts Festival - VIDEO
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 11:01 AM
- Irish Eurovision star Ryan Dolan’s song enters charts in 17 countries, including Australia - VIDEO
- Surfing descendents of the King of the Blasket Islands to unite in new documentary - VIDEO
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
An acclaimed Irish folk singer, songwriter and guitarist. Moore was one of the founding members of the Irish traditional group Planxty.
Galway Arts Festival is Ireland's largest international arts festival. Founded in 1978 it has grown into an event with a significant reputation where, in 2011, there were 162,000 attendances at 176 performances, talks and exhibitions in 27 venues over 14 days. The Festival showcases a wide variety of international artists alongside the best of Irish talent and includes music (popular, contemporary, jazz, world, classical and traditional), theatre (indoor and outdoor), visual arts, dance, talks, discussions, family events and comedy in its programme. The festival is currently running from July 16 to 29.
Watch more videos from the GAF here.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...