Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Charlie Chaplin movie time traveller using a hearing aid
Posted on Friday, October 29, 2010 at 11:26 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Read more: Belfast filmmaker’s YouTube video finds cell phone mystery in 1928 Charlie Chaplin clip
Speculation has been rampant. Perhaps the woman is simply mad and talking happily to herself or perhaps she really is from the future
Belfast filmmaker, George Clarke's, video has gone viral and he still believes that a time traveler is the most likely explanation for the strange figure, who appears to be speaking on a cellphone in Charlie Chaplin's 1928 "The Circus" footage.
However people, amongst the millions who have seen the video, believe that this woman is actually using a hearing aid. Back in 1924 Siemens invented a hearing aid that was a "compact, pocket sized carbon microphone/amplifier device." Look under history on their website and see the proof.
Stranger things have happened...unlike time travelers.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...