Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Bushmills whiskey unveils new bottle design
Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2010 at 05:37 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Helen Mulholland who is the first female master blender at the Bushmills whiskey distillery in County Antrim unveiled a new modern look for the 400-year-old whiskey.
The 38-year-old showcased the newly designed bottle at Waxy O'Connor's Irish bar in London.
Bushmills new bottle (right) is currently being introduced to the Irish market and will go global next March.
It features an embossing of both the 1608 original distillation license and the famous Old Bushmills Distillery potstill.
Gordon Donoghue, Bushmills supply director, at a press conference announcing the change said: "The new bottle highlights a lot of the quality and pride people at the distillery have been investing into this whiskey for centuries.
“It’s an Irish whiskey made by local people, and we’re delighted to be able to launch it in its home market nearly six months ahead of its global release.”
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...