Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Bushmills whiskey unveils new bottle design
Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2010 at 05:37 AM
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
- Galway teacher thrilled to receive thank you letter from President Obama for sketch drawing
Helen Mulholland who is the first female master blender at the Bushmills whiskey distillery in County Antrim unveiled a new modern look for the 400-year-old whiskey.
The 38-year-old showcased the newly designed bottle at Waxy O'Connor's Irish bar in London.
Bushmills new bottle (right) is currently being introduced to the Irish market and will go global next March.
It features an embossing of both the 1608 original distillation license and the famous Old Bushmills Distillery potstill.
Gordon Donoghue, Bushmills supply director, at a press conference announcing the change said: "The new bottle highlights a lot of the quality and pride people at the distillery have been investing into this whiskey for centuries.
“It’s an Irish whiskey made by local people, and we’re delighted to be able to launch it in its home market nearly six months ahead of its global release.”
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan