Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
British woman dumps her husband for the love of Irish boy band Westlife
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 at 01:41 PM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Holmes says she is "addicted" to the band. She has eight tattoos of the Irish group and has spent £30,000 traveling around the UK to see them on tour.
Her husband told her "Choose Westlife or me."
The 44-year-old fan opted for the Westlife instead of her man according to reports in the Daily Mirror.
She said "I think he thought I was joking but he soon realised I wasn't. I always get stopped in the street and he couldn't hack the attention I was getting.
"The concerts take up a lot of my time and money. Westlife are a really big part of my life. I'm completely devoted to them and the tattoos are my way of showing my loyalty. I like to think I am their biggest fan.
"It's my only hobby. I don't smoke, I don't drink, so Westlife are my only addiction."
Here's a video of their most popular song:
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...
- Irish American professor claims humans are...
- Irish give more than anyone else in Europe...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...