Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Bright lights of Ireland shine in space
Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 02:31 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
This is the image captured by Douglas H Wheelock last Tuesday morning from a spacecraft which was orbiting the earth.
The commander of Expedition 25 on the International Space Station,took the picture from 425km above earth.
The mission commander described it as a "beautiful night pass over the Emerald Isle… a little foggy, but otherwise a clear night."
Wheelock is the only astronaut to photograph the planet, after capturing the image he shared the view with the 50,000 or so people who follow his Twitter account.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra