Boston Globe story misnames Irish Prime Minister as ‘Edna’ Kenny -- Not for the first time Irish leader Enda Kenny is called a female name in error
- Irish Eurovision star Ryan Dolan’s song enters charts in 17 countries, including Australia - VIDEO
- Surfing descendents of the King of the Blasket Islands to unite in new documentary - VIDEO
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
|Headline appears on the Boston Globe website on Friday|
The Boston Globe has has changed the sex of Irish Prime Minister on their website by incorrectly naming him "Edna Kelly" in a headline.
Reporting on the Taoiseach’s trip to Boston, the Globe reported “Irish PM Edna Kenny visits the JFK Library”.
The Irish Prime minister was in the US for the second time in less than a week, as part of a three-day investment drive.
This is not the first time that an US publication has made an online error regarding the gender of the Irish Prime Minister.
After last March’s General Election the New York Times mistakenly reported that Enda Kenny was a female.
"Ms Kenny's centre-right Fine Gael party will now govern in a coalition with the centre-left Labour Party," read the report, published on March 9, 2010.
The Boston Globe article published online today has since been changed.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...