Boston Globe story misnames Irish Prime Minister as ‘Edna’ Kenny -- Not for the first time Irish leader Enda Kenny is called a female name in error
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Headline appears on the Boston Globe website on Friday|
The Boston Globe has has changed the sex of Irish Prime Minister on their website by incorrectly naming him "Edna Kelly" in a headline.
Reporting on the Taoiseach’s trip to Boston, the Globe reported “Irish PM Edna Kenny visits the JFK Library”.
The Irish Prime minister was in the US for the second time in less than a week, as part of a three-day investment drive.
This is not the first time that an US publication has made an online error regarding the gender of the Irish Prime Minister.
After last March’s General Election the New York Times mistakenly reported that Enda Kenny was a female.
"Ms Kenny's centre-right Fine Gael party will now govern in a coalition with the centre-left Labour Party," read the report, published on March 9, 2010.
The Boston Globe article published online today has since been changed.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Cork mother grieves for husband, son and...