Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|The children of St. Ann's Parish in Dorchester sing the
National Anthem before the game.(Credit: Getty Images)
, Irish American
, Irish in Baseball
, Irish Sports
, Boston Red Sox
, Irish in Boston
One of the Boston Marathon Bombings youngest victims performed the national anthem at the Boston Red Sox baseball game along with the children’s choir of St. Ann’s Catholic Church on Sunday.
Jane Richard, 7, lost her left leg in the blast on April 15 last. Her brother Martin, 8, was the youngest of three killed in the bombing.
The crowd gave a thunderous applause as little Jane walked out onto the pitch wearing her prosthetic leg with the choir director.
The girl sang 'The Star-Spangled Banner' with other young talents on Sunday and led her home team to victory. The Boston Red Sox won their game against the Detroit Tigers by a score of 6-5.
Jane’s family shared an update about her progress back in August, four months after the bombing. "Jane continues to be an incredible source of inspiration — and exhaustion. The loss of her leg has not slowed her one bit, or deterred her in any way."
"When she is able to have it on, she struts around on it with great pride and a total sense of accomplishment," they said. "Her strength, balance and comfort with the leg improve every day."
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...