Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Bono does amazing impression of Bill Clinton at Clinton Global Initiative event (VIDEO)
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 06:18 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Bill Clinton & Bono|
U2’s Bono showed the Clinton Global Initiative that you can take the boy out of Dublin but you can’t take the Dub outta the boy when he did an uncanny impression of the 42nd president of the United States Bill Clinton.
At a staged gathering on Tuesday, in New York, Clinton was late to the stage, so Bono gallantly jumped in the chair’s seat and launched into a spot on impression. If the whole U2 thing ever gets old he could have a career as a mimic.
He said, “When I first met Bono he walked into the Oval Office and I actually thought it was a member of his own road crew, [He] wasn’t really dressed right.
“I actually, I felt like the rock star on that occasion. But together, you know, we did this Drop the Debt [NGO] thing and my God there’s 51 million children going to school in Africa ‘cause of the Drop the Debt and that’s pretty good, is that right?”
He went on to talk up the Clinton Global Initiative’s work and AIDS until Clinton arrived on stage.
Clinton, clearly amused, sat down and said, “I must be really easy to make fun of.”
Here’s the video:
See more: Offbeat Irish , Irish Democrats , Irish in US Politics
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...