Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Bomb in Belfast airport 'there for a year'
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 at 07:11 AM
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
A pipe bomb discovered at Belfast City Airport had been there for almost a year authorities have said.
The bomb was discovered by staff members during a routine check of vehicles parked in the long-stay car park. The pipe bomb was attached to cans of petrol but failed to detonate because of a fault with the timing device.
The Toyota Carina had been there since last year and it is believed the bomb was meant to go off soon after the car was abandoned. The car carried a Northern Ireland registration number plate. Police are currently trying to trace it's history.
Arriving passengers were unable to drive home last Saturday when the bomb was discovered and had to be accommodated at a nearby hotel due to the security alert.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...