Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Bomb in Belfast airport 'there for a year'
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 at 07:11 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
A pipe bomb discovered at Belfast City Airport had been there for almost a year authorities have said.
The bomb was discovered by staff members during a routine check of vehicles parked in the long-stay car park. The pipe bomb was attached to cans of petrol but failed to detonate because of a fault with the timing device.
The Toyota Carina had been there since last year and it is believed the bomb was meant to go off soon after the car was abandoned. The car carried a Northern Ireland registration number plate. Police are currently trying to trace it's history.
Arriving passengers were unable to drive home last Saturday when the bomb was discovered and had to be accommodated at a nearby hotel due to the security alert.
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas