Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Bill Clinton reunited with Ugandan namesake 15-years after presidential visit
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 at 06:18 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Bill Clinton with his namesake Bill Clinton then and now in Uganda|
Now 14-year-old Master Bill Clinton Kaligani was delighted to meet Clinton again. The young man was named after Clinton as he was the first US president to visit Uganda just after he was born.
According to AllAfrican.com the teenager was flown to Entebbe to have lunch with the former president. Although he did miss an exam at school it was worth it to meet his American namesake.
Teenage Bill told the Ugandan newspaper, the Daily Monitor “I feel good. He told me he also wanted me to be a doctor, that I should work hard and pass in my studies.”
His mother, Betty Namugosa said, “(Clinton) was very happy to see the boy. He asked him what he wants and the boy informed him he wants to become a doctor.
“He promised to look after his “son” in every way.”
Since his visit to Uganda in 1998 the former president has supported various initiatives to better African children’s education and health.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Website attracts 80,000 Irish people ready...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...