Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Bill Clinton reunited with Ugandan namesake 15-years after presidential visit
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 at 06:18 AM
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
- Galway teacher thrilled to receive thank you letter from President Obama for sketch drawing
|Bill Clinton with his namesake Bill Clinton then and now in Uganda|
Now 14-year-old Master Bill Clinton Kaligani was delighted to meet Clinton again. The young man was named after Clinton as he was the first US president to visit Uganda just after he was born.
According to AllAfrican.com the teenager was flown to Entebbe to have lunch with the former president. Although he did miss an exam at school it was worth it to meet his American namesake.
Teenage Bill told the Ugandan newspaper, the Daily Monitor “I feel good. He told me he also wanted me to be a doctor, that I should work hard and pass in my studies.”
His mother, Betty Namugosa said, “(Clinton) was very happy to see the boy. He asked him what he wants and the boy informed him he wants to become a doctor.
“He promised to look after his “son” in every way.”
Since his visit to Uganda in 1998 the former president has supported various initiatives to better African children’s education and health.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...