Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Bill Clinton reunited with Ugandan namesake 15-years after presidential visit
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 at 06:18 AM
- Surfing descendents of the King of the Blasket Islands to unite in new documentary - VIDEO
- Farmers stage 24-hour prayer vigil for fine weather on Kerry-Cork border - VIDEO
- Ellen DeGeneres mocks Abercrombie & Fitch’s sizing and customer policies – VIDEO
- Students use tilt-shift photography to create toy town video of Dublin city
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
|Bill Clinton with his namesake Bill Clinton then and now in Uganda|
Now 14-year-old Master Bill Clinton Kaligani was delighted to meet Clinton again. The young man was named after Clinton as he was the first US president to visit Uganda just after he was born.
According to AllAfrican.com the teenager was flown to Entebbe to have lunch with the former president. Although he did miss an exam at school it was worth it to meet his American namesake.
Teenage Bill told the Ugandan newspaper, the Daily Monitor “I feel good. He told me he also wanted me to be a doctor, that I should work hard and pass in my studies.”
His mother, Betty Namugosa said, “(Clinton) was very happy to see the boy. He asked him what he wants and the boy informed him he wants to become a doctor.
“He promised to look after his “son” in every way.”
Since his visit to Uganda in 1998 the former president has supported various initiatives to better African children’s education and health.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Michael Flatley, star of Lord of the Dance...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- Do the Irish speak a foreign language?
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- 'I expect terror attacks during G8 summit'...
- U2’s Bono spills on American politicians...