Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Amazing animals - Dublin Zoo’s chimp saves three ducklings, hand them over to zookeepers
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 06:38 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Bossou, chillin' at the Zoo|
BreakingNews.ie reported that the chimp spotted the ducks in a nest at the edge of “Chimp Island”. He rescued them from the water and cradled them.
When the zoo authorities noticed what was going on Bossou was happy to hand them over in exchange for bananas.
The ducks have been given a home at the DSCPA shelter.
Spokesperson for the DSCPA Miriam Kerins said this is a very unusual story. She said “This large chimpanzee, who was a male, cradled the ducklings, looked after them and minded them, thinking they were in danger…I think it's so touching.”
Be the first to make a comment.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Engaged couple fired by Catholic school for...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm